- CUSTOMER SUCCESS
The Perfect Pitch: Making Your Point Clearly and Persuasively with Dr. Tom Sant
Posted By Kaitlyn Myers | Jul 24, 2014
Ever feel stuck on how to deliver a corporate capabilities presentation that engages the customer and opens deep conversations? What about differentiating yourself from the competition without coming across as self-centered? These are tough challenges but not impossible (yes, really!)
In the webinar we hosted, Dr. Tom Sant reveals key strategies for how we can change our predictably flawed sales pitch pattern (our history, our capabilities, our vision, our values, our people, me, me, me) so that presentations delivered engage the customer and establish immediate relevance.
Here’s a handy checklist with 5 successful approaches for improving the presentations you write and deliver:
1. Interest and relevance – The perfect pitch should grab the attention of your audience and show relevance – fast. And while this might take some research on your part, it’s well worth your and your clients’ time.
2. Why our clients need us – It’s imperative to focus on client needs and overall business drivers, without being bland and generic. Build a sales pitch that answers what your prospects want to hear and take a provocative approach to the assumptions they already have.
3. How they benefit – Weak value messages have virtually no impact, and smart buyers look for positive impact. For these reasons, you should find a way to focus on meaningful, measurable, outcomes – and be sure to avoid marketing fluff and vague assertions of superiority.
4. What we do – Framing your capabilities in the context of your customer needs will help you to avoid the temptation to lapse into geek speak, or internal jargon and acronyms. Be creative and keep it simple.
5. Where we’re different – Consider your differentiators and these essential questions: What makes you the right choice? What do you have that’s rare and unique that enables you to do the job differently?
Perfecting your sales pitch can do wonders for increasing win-rates and delivering value. By successfully utilizing personalized approaches aimed at engaging your customer and establishing immediate relevance, you’re empowered to present that perfect pitch.
Watch the webinar recording for insight into actual case studies and real world examples into how you can replace poor examples with successful approaches.