- CUSTOMER SUCCESS
Highlights from Connect 2014 Sales Success Conference
Posted By Kaitlyn Myers | Apr 04, 2014
Earlier this week, Connect 2014 Sales Success Conference was held in sunny Orlando, Florida (which was a nice break from the cold winter we’ve had!). There was so much energy and excitement from the attendees and we hope everyone was able to continue the momentum!
Jill Konrath kicked things off in the opening keynote around agile selling - a needed competitive advantage in today’s challenging selling environment. Jill’s powerful message centered around adjusting your mindset to better adapt to evolving business conditions for you to achieve success.
A few of our other favorite sessions:
- Creative Ways to Use Qvidian for Content Automation - Hosted by Tonya (from Grant Thornton) and Pam (from Ellucian), this popular session highlighted the many other ways to leverage Qvidian’s Proposal Automation tool beyond proposals, RFPs, and presentations. Customers like Tonya and Pam have been able to automate other content and see a bigger ROI!
- Enabling Reps in the Field - the World of Mobile - This panel discussion focused on the increasingly mobile workforce and how critical mobilization has become to quota attainment. As organizations adapt to this new working environment, there are tools, technologies, and best practices to be learned.
- Mind the Value Gap - With poor value communications as a major reason why sales reps aren’t meeting quota, its so important to make sure you are sharing the appropriate content at the right stage in the sales. Tom Pisello of Alinean highlighted best practices for making sure you aren’t creating a gap and making the selling process seamless.
- Sales Enablement Benchmark Results - Jerry Rackley from Demand Metric shared results from his 2013 Sales Enablement study, including some of the best practices and tools from the top revenue performing companies out there. It was interesting to learn that half of those surveyed didn’t know, or didn’t have, Sales Enablement, yet those that did have it, found it was significantly effective. Jerry also shared some great suggestions around deploying an effective sales enablement process.
- Value Proposition Post-Conference Workshop - Dr. Tom Sant wrapped things up in the post-conference workshop on building value propositions. He went over ways to identify your strongest value propositions and develop reusable statements of value.
- Beach Party on Shipwreck Beach was a great time - there was lots of pirate fun and creative uses of the Qvidian Pirate tattoos!
We finished Connect 2014 with an inspiring keynote from Lewie Miller, Qvidian President and CEO, centered around how to keep the momentum going (including some Qvidian updates). Everyone learned so much throughout the event and its so critical to take those lessons back to the office.
Were you there? Tweet us your favorite part of #QConnect!