- CUSTOMER SUCCESS
Are you looking for an environment that encourages work life balance, open and honest dialogue, communication of ideas in a collaborative team environment and outstanding benefits? Qvidian was ranked by Forbes online magazine as one of the top 3 best software companies to work for in 2015 out of 500 leading software companies globally. We focus on customer satisfaction and our users love us. Qvidian is a privately-held company and a market leader in cloud-based sales execution. This position is located in our Chelmsford, MA office.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Attorney to support the growth of our business. This is an external-facing position with primary responsibility for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with customers, suppliers and business partners under the guidance and direction of the CFO. The successful candidate will have excellent legal skills, business judgment and the ability to partner with sales and senior management. We are looking for someone with creativity, initiative and enthusiasm to establish a positive customer experience and enable contract execution in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Quarterback our contracting process by facilitating internal contract approval, identifying business and legal risks, and escalating issues to the appropriate internal parties
- Draft, review and negotiate all commercial contracts with external parties world-wide and provide support throughout the contracting process
- Provide strategy, direction and guidance to internal stakeholders on the contracting process
- Establish strong, positive and collaborative relationships with sales, account management and senior management teams that are open, balanced and objective
- Ensure that the contracting process generates a positive customer experience as a foundation for long-term, collaborative relationships
- Ensure compliance with contracting processes
- Own and manage contract templates and contract library
- Inventory all contracts and ensure they are maintained in relevant systems
- Manage compliance with all laws and regulations including the principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and other U.S. and European Union data privacy and access protocols
- Proactively manage business risks through application of Company policies and procedures
- Minimum JD or LLM degree required
- Minimum 3 years mid to large law firm experience and 2+ years in-house experience negotiating contracts for a global corporation
- SaaS and/or software contract negotiation experience required
- Proactive, customer-focused approach to drafting complex contract terms and conditions
- Superior legal drafting skills with an affinity for using “Plain-English” to achieve compromise
- Contract management expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to bring complex matters to closure
- Excellent negotiation skills on legal and business matters
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and drive to timelines
- Attention to detail
With offices in Chelmsford, MA, Cincinnati, OH and throughout North America and the United Kingdom, we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits including generous PTO, paid parental leave, 401K match, health, dental, life, disability, employee referral and a terrific bonus program.